Christmas Carols, Christmas movies, TV specials, time with friends and family, hot chocolate, presents, eggnog and lists.

What do all these things have in common?

They are my favourite things about this time of year. But today, I shall focus on lists; I love lists and the end of the calendar year is when lists are rampant and full of trivia from the year. I love a good, "best albums of 2012", "best / worst dressed of 2012" and even "biggest news stories of 2012". They remind me what happened, and what, in the grand scheme, really didn't matter.

I'm not alone in my love for lists, so I bring to you today a list of my top 5 2012 lists.

1. Spinner Best Albums of 2012

2. Huffington Post Best Movies of 2012

3. Oprah's Favourite Things 2012

4. NPR Best Books of 2012

5. Top 24 Most Inspiring Photos of 2012

And as an added bonus... Time Top 10 Everything of 2012